SparkiCreative has teamed up with General Assembly as the educational vehicle for our programs providing scholarships to underserved groups. Apply to win a partial or full scholarship towards a SparkiCreative and General Assembly Web Development Immersive course and Apprentice Program that includes work experience. The skills development programs will happen at the downtown General Assembly location starting April 24.
General Assembly is a leader in technological training with over 35,000 graduates and 35 locations globally. General Assembly has metrics that are harmonious with SparkiCreative standards: 88% of graduates are hired within 90 days of graduation and 99% are hired within 180 days.
We are offering partial and full scholarships for 32 qualified candidates interested in this program. To be eligible, fill out the APPLICATION by April 9, 2017.
How it works: Learn from web development experts; attend classes designed and taught by some of the industry’s best professionals. Build your portfolio; apply your development skills across class projects and build a working portfolio. Get a web development job; enter the General Assembly Career Services program and/or enter the SparkiCreative Apprentice Program for work experience to get on the job training while you are working towards being hired.
Each graduate will receive job preparation, career resources, networking opportunities.
360 E. 2nd Street, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90012
General Assembly Web Development Immersive Prep April 28 – May 4
Web Development Immersive May 8-August 18
Apprentice Program August 21-September 15
Career Services, September 18-29
All General Assembly events are Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM
By the end of the course, you will have:
- Created two-to-three strong pieces of work for your portfolio.
- Learned about web development techniques and strategies from the top web development practitioners currently in the field.
- Networked with some of the best designers, product managers, and entrepreneurs in your local community.
- Eaten at least 3 or 4 whole pizzas over the entire program.
- Worked together with incredibly talented and motivated individuals who you will stay in touch with long after the course.*For students interested in additional soft skills training opportunities, apply for a partial or full scholarship to one or all of the micro soft skills workshops offered in the complete SparkiCreative program. To be eligible, contact us after you’ve been accepted received notice that you’ve been accepted into to program by General Assembly. Call 626-864-2030 or email email@example.com by April 18
- About General Assembly: General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fourteen campuses across three continents. General Assembly is creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century – from web development and user experience design, to business fundamentals, to data science, to project management and digital marketing.
Culver City location
- LM Forum April 21 – April 23, 9 am-10 pm
- LM Forum April 25, 7 pm-10:15 pm
- LM Advanced class May 5-7, 9 am-10 pm
- LM Advanced class May 9, 7 pm-10:15 pm
- Communication AP May 20, 9 am – 11 pm
- Communication AP May 21, 9 am – 10 pm
- Communication AP May 25, 7 pm – 11 pm
- Communication PC June 24, 9 am – 11 pm
- Communication PC May 25, 9 pm – 10 pm
- Communication PC May 29, 7 pm – 11 pm
*These courses do not have makeup days. Courses are taken in a specific order. If any classes are missed, there is no way to progress to the next level. Separate registration is required for one or all of these courses. Anyone accepted into the General Assembly program with a scholarship qualifies for these courses.